Tuesday, May 12, 2009

As an only child, I spent most of my childhood wishing for a sibling. Even at a very young age, I decided that if I had kids, it has to be more than one as I felt lonely [not bored] whilst growing up. I had lots of friends, but most had siblings, and I always felt they had a special bond and loyalty that most childhood friendships do not have. more imptly, I felt a sibling would be having someone who understood what it was like being in the family.. and for someone who grew up in a pretty unconventional family.. that meant a great deal.

On hindsight though, the best part of being an only child was developing the ability to enjoy being alone and to entertain myself. I may look sociable and bubbly and all, yet people are surprised by how much of a loner I can be. I dun think im introverted...im not exactly extraverted either. its just over the years, i've developed self-sufficiency.

I consider myself to be very independent. I enjoy doing things on my own and I'm comfortable being alone. Today was one of those days.. where i just enjoyed alot of metime, doing things that i love at my own pace. a day to recharge i guess. i feel disturbed when my phone rings on these days- i'll normally ignore it. haha.. but im pretty selective, there are those calls where i'll definitely pick up, be it rain or shine :p (but hey, dont start guessing im ignoring you on purpose when i missed your call !! heh..)

okay anyway...so one day of 'hermitting', tmr i'll be out of my shell and will be picking up your calls pronto. okay? aha... tmr is blading night ! thurs is golf night ! btw, im halfway thru the book Angels and Demons (will probably finish it by tmr...or tonite)...anyone wanna make it movie night on fri !? :p

No comments: