Sunday, April 15, 2007

Journeying through the Book of Ecclesiastes

Today Pastor Benny started the series of sermon on the Book of Ecclesiastes. I felt a sense of excitement and anticipation when he quoted .. "Work through the book, and the book will work through you!" I was like...woohoo! LORD YES! I wanna be transformed by You, I want to hear from you. change me from the inside out!

so anyway, im not gonna repeat the whole sermon (join me for service on sundays/cell on fridays and find out for yourself!!)...

I was reminded again that life without eternal perspective and life without God IS MEANINGLESS...and that it is exactly at those times when I've allowed myself knowingly/unknowingly to drift away from God that sometimes even as a christian, i make the mistake of viewing life through temporal and earthly perspectives, and that is when i can feel life being sucked out of me.. but thank God for His grace and mercy, that He'll always call me back into fellowshipping with Him. Indeed, God has never once failed me, and I believe He never will. =)

But Lord, help me not take Your loving kindness, grace and mercy for granted..I thank You Father for the gift of faith, may You help me in this constant process of daily renewing my trust in Jesus. that even though I might not understand at times, but I'll always trust in Your plans for me.

and...Yes Lord, thank You that my life is not an endless meaningless cycle, but a straight line with fixed destination. Lord I pray that You'll help me run straight to the goal with purpose in every step. Thank You God for the timely reminder, that I'll wanna live my life meaningfully, that I wanna live my life to the fullest, running this race that You have marked for me with vigor and with the end in mind.

"...let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." Hebrews 12:1

No comments: