Thursday, April 01, 2010

amused (and thankful)

Today marks the 2nd last session of our in-class support group. So we're actually setting the tone for closure next week. the facilitators made us write cards for each of the members during the session today. and, this was what I got from 6 other members..some of which tickled me a lil.

"Hi Nona, Thanks for sharing ! I felt I learnt a lot ! Oh yeah, if theres a green card, I'll choose that color as I know you like green color"

"Hi Nona, Actually you are real fun ! I really enjoyed the little (and short) conversations that we sometime manage to have."


"Dear Nona, Thank you for your friendship & all that you've shared during this time. You have so much strength and courage within you. May you continue to grow in these areas. Know that I do appreciate the gift of you in my lfe."

"Hi Nona, Thanks alot for closing 'the gap' when I facilitated. Best wishes in the things you do :) "

"Nona, You are like the 'spice' in a dish. You can always 'spice' things up in the session when the session is not progressing."

"Jing Ying, you said that you're not really a ppl-person & might not share much, but I really think you're more than you think you are ! Thanks for asking me that first time that we should study together sometime & finding me on msn as that really helped an introverted person like me. Thanks for sharing so openly and your feelings n everything, I really thank God He sent me this friend ! :) "


heheh... just amused at some of the comments. and the spice part really tickled me. lol...if i was a spice...mm i don't know, i guess i'd wanna be the mmm-oh-so-fragrant cinnamon. hehe. other than really loving cinnamon stuffs in general, the idea that it's more suited for use in sweet dishes works for me. and, it's typically a love-hate relationship with cinnamon.. some people just hates it. well i guess, im the kind who don't need everyone to love/like me, or have my thoughts and feelings validated by all.. haha im fine with that idea. (oh. apparently cinnamon was proposed for use as an insect repellant too :p)

so anyway, im pretty amazed at how group counselling works. and being a part of the support group actually made learning highly personal and relevant- something that i defintely could not get from reading. i started this unit pretty skeptical..abt it's efficacy and all, but now my perceptions have changed. maybe i'll write more abt my thoughts and feelings regarding what i've learnt some other day. haha. i need to do my work now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MY DARLING CINNAMON! Woot=D

Nona Ooi said...

Darling ! I did work the whole day today ! pretty motivated now.. still alot of work left tho. hehe.

Darling JIAYOU ! hope you're on full steam now too~ muacks !