Monday, January 18, 2010

Life is Good.

Pardon me for my lack of updates. Just done with the first week of school. Pretty fast-paced. My calender's already filled with assignment deadlines, weekly reflection journals and presentations. Coursemates seem like pretty nice people; one senior from Murdoch Uni, another one who works in KKH has a common friend, two others who'll always walk into class (together) fashionably late, a handful of them married with kids, and the other not so salient ones .. including me, makes up a total of 16 for our class this year- the smallest by far. Lecturers are rather friendly too. Surprisingly (or not), I'm one of the noisier ones in class. Well, not in the "empty vessel makes the most noise" sense. But rather, for a master's class... this one seems pretty quiet. I don't know if its because most classes are held in the evenings and half the class are part-timers. So they're pretty maxed out by the time classes commence. Or, is this generally an asian culture tradition thingamajig? Just sit and listen with minimal contribution. Or, maybe they shy, need time to warm-up? There are a few super enthusiastic ones though. They actually took the initiative to suggest bulk printing of notes and stuffs.. Quite smart- They initiate, but I photocopy. -.-" but it's okay la, KPO what to do. Shall do them this favour :D

So, I'm doing one unit on psychological assessment and two on counselling this semester. Counselling units freak me out alot. Extremely experiential, especially the one on group dynamics. Way out of my comfort zone but that's when learning occurs hey. So, here goes nothing...! Gonna give my best !

This semester's gonna go by in a blink I guess. Hopefully I'll do well. *fingers crossed* :D
How have I been? (please refer to blog title :p ) hehe..okay, not going into details for now.

I'm gonna rest. goodnight !

"Even now, all possible feelings do not yet exist, there are still those that lie beyond our capacity and our imagination. From time to time, when a piece of music no one has ever written or a painting no one has ever painted, or something else impossible to predict, fathom or yet describe takes place, a new feeling enters the world. And then, for the millionth time in the history of feeling, the heart surges and absorbs the impact." -Nicole Krauss (The History of Love)

No comments: